The Power of Direct Print Mail
The Royal Mail commissioned the ‘Private Life of Mail' which took 18 months to complete.
Of nearly 10,000 respondents, it uncovered what people really feel about their mail and how they react to it.
• People place value on things they can touch. Print Mail has physical properties that beat anything visual that is received digitally. People love something more (24% more in fact) if you can touch and feel it.
• Print Mail is memorable. It stimulates the area of the brain responsible for long-term memory and that helps keep a brand in the front of the mind. This reaction to it is largely unconscious and instinctive as it works on the part of the brain responsible for decision making.
• Print Mail creates a more genuine “two-way relationship” between a brand and its customers. You can see it, touch it, feel it, hold on to it…even smell it. It appeals to all of the senses like no other channel.
• Print Mail generates an emotional response. The production values reinforce brand values in a deeply intuitive way.
• Print Mail is not just sender to recipient – 23% of all mail is shared with at least one other.
• Print Mail has high retention. On average 17 days for targeted advertising mail, 38 days for door drops and 45 days for bills and statements. 51% of emails are deleted or ignored within two seconds.
• We love digital of course and there’s no denying that in some instances it’s the best channel, but the research is conclusive – there really is something special about Direct Mail.
Download your copy from http://www.mailmen.co.uk/
7 years ago